23 February 2006

Purpose

I think that the reason I write is because I hate feeling useless. When I'm not doing anything constructive, I get pretty weird. I start acing very dull and feel easily irritated. I always want to be learning something or creating something. When I write, I'm expressing myself, but I'm also fulfilling my need to accomplish something or actually produce something. I sing for the same reason. I'm trying to actually make something substantial. I guess sound isn't substantial, but the feelings it creates aren't. I also sing because I don't talk much, and it's a good way to use my voice loudly. It can be hard to find things to do, but writing allows for endless possibilities. Without it, I don't know what I'd do.

Posted by the bright one @ 4:33 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Forgive me for following you home from your Mom's blog, please?

We all get a bit weird when our minds aren't being utilized to their fullest; just wait until you do some boring 9-5 (or worse, 4:30 to 2am) to cover life's expenses! Your mind will scream with weirdness!

I read the piece below this and loved it. Also very proud of your grades, you talents, and you for being you! If you don't mind, I'll come back and read some of the earlier entries as I have time.

alan

Posted by Blogger alan @ 2:21 AM #
 

No, not at all.

Posted by Blogger the bright one @ 8:50 PM #
 

You just made my heart skip a beat!

:o)

Thank you!

alan

Posted by Blogger alan @ 9:23 AM #
 
<< Home

Music

  • Katie Sawicki
  • Nickel Creek
  • Pete Yorn
  • Reading

  • Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Kate Elliot
  • Viewing

  • Basalisk
  • Bleach
  • Naruto
  • House
  • 24
  • Playing

  • Kingdom Hearts II
  • Shining Force Neo